…carry on to second part of the W.I.P, if you missed part one, here it is :-)
19. start building the arms(tentacles), little worry these arms might be a little fragile, should have made wire framework for it at the beginning, so i carve out a bit and adding sulpeys from the inside, it should add some supports!
27. i totally forgot to shake the catalyst on the first silicon, heard some terrible stories from people not shaking/mixing their catalyst properly, thought i’m doomed! hey it actually came out nice, a little white, but its all cured fine… even my supplier is surprised!! big ups to awesome product MaxiMould! (too bad they decide to discontinue this product *sad*)
29. mixing colors for the original edition, some decisions to make, saw a tv program about food replica a week ago, there are growing number of food replica toys on market, so i decide to take the opposite route, making it a toy-ish look instead of trying to be realistic…
32. yay! heres the fun part(for me), i get to use airbrush for the blush and adding 2nd tone on front/back of tentacles… this is the color combination i remembered on my first kaiju toy when i was a kid, combination of two skin tones(gets subtle under warm light), you don’t see this often in todays toy! *commit this to memory*
35. brown geta base & gloss varnish at the end, first gloss finishing in Hollow Threat lineup, i normally prefer matt finish, but gloss just add that extra yummy-ness to the sushi! now thats a completed sushi kaiju! you can expect the release very soon :-)